I have a hard time believing they’ll let this guy stay on a major cable channel much longer. I hope I’m wrong. This isn’t just mindless pro-Trump Sean Hannity type bullshit. These are some legitimate arguments that everyone should listen to.
From The Hill:
The new package, while having little chance of being considered under the Republican-controlled House, is designed to put pressure on GOP leaders to take some action to rein in Putin, who has rattled western leaders with Russia’s annexation of Crimea; the ongoing effort to destabilize Ukraine; continued support for the Assad regime in Syria; and Moscow’s interference in the 2016 elections, among other actions.
All lies and misleading half-truths
Crimea is full of Russians and was part of Russia from the 18h century until the 1950s when it was transferred to Ukraine which was then ruled by the same Soviet government as Russia. The Russians have had a naval base there for hundreds of years. The Russians living in Crimea held a referendum to leave Ukraine and be annexed by Russia that passed overwhelmingly.
Ukraine elected a pro-Russian government. The US then funded a “revolution” that overthrew the democratically elected President and installed an anti-Russian government. When the Russians living in the East of Ukraine tried to secede and join Russia the new anti-Russian Ukrainian government attacked them. The US is the one that destabilized Ukraine.
Yes, Russia supports their secular ally in Syria which has been the case for decades. The US under Obama and Killery decided to support Islamists who wanted to overthrow the secular dictator and establish a theocracy there. The Hill doesn’t mention this. Why is supporting a secular dictator that protects minority rights worse than supporting ISIS who want to drive all non-Shiite Muslims out of the country or kill them?
Show me any evidence that Moscow interfered in the 2016 elections. All I’ve seen are a few thousand bucks on Facebook ads that are alleged to have been paid for by Russians and some indictments of Russians that will never stand trial. All the “evidence” to support these indictments is of course classified and will never be revealed meaning it probably doesn’t exist. Did Russia try to interfere in the 2016 election? Who knows, but I’m 100% sure it didn’t have any noticeable effect compared to the billions spent by Killery and the nonstop media propaganda in her favor. Also, why not look into other countries that we know try to influence our elections and have in the past. The UK? Israel? Saudi Arabia? I’m more worried about them than Russia. And the US has interfered far more in Russian elections since the end of the Soviet Union than the reverse.
So anyway, just tune this garbage out. It’s all Deep State propaganda and it always has been. It’s just getting more and more blatantly obvious everyday. Anyone who watches or reads CNN, NBC, Washington Post, New York Times, etc. and thinks they are getting any information close to the truth is just plain stupid at this point or completely and utterly brainwashed.
What’s always amazing to me is people’s blind partisanship when it comes to politics. It’s one thing for some Democrat or Republican party hack to change their views based on whatever the current president or a wealthy donor thinks. They’re just trying to gain power for themselves. But people who consider themselves principled conservatives or progressives wind up doing the same thing without realizing it.
Consider the left’s current obsession with Trump and their automatic “resistance” to any and all actions taken by the president. It exposes both their willingness to abandon long held principled positions at a moments’ notice while also showcasing the ridiculous hypocrisy and conflicting belief system inherent in their ideology to begin with.
- Trump supports protectionism and opposes free trade. So now the Left sides with giant outsourcing corporations who open “sweatshops” in China and import cheap goods to the USA. I seem to remember a time when the Left was very supportive of the Labor movement and opposed so called Free Trade agreements.
- Trump attacks the media on a regular basis. So now the Left holds up the Corporate Media as some kind of bulwark of free speech that must be protected and believed at all costs. I seem to remember a time when they fretted over the consolidation of the big media companies and didn’t believe them. But they simultaneously want YouTube and other Tech companies to silence any opinion they disagree with
- Trump likes Russia. So now the Left hates Russia and is willing to risk WWIII to “stand up to Putin.” Didn’t the Left once really like Russia? FDR? Bernie Sanders? What happened?
- Trump hates Bush. Now they yearn for the days when good ‘ol W lied us into the Iraq War.
- Trump wants to get US troops out of the Middle East and stop spending money on endless wars there. So now the Left things that’s irresponsible and of course “we” have to overthrow the evil Assad regime in Syria. But at the same time it was wrong of Trump to pull out of the treaty with their main ally and supporter Iran.
- Trump thinks NATO is “obsolete.” Now the left loves NATO and thinks it must remain sucking on Uncle Sam’s teet forever and ever.
- Trump wants to enforce immigration law and thinks Congress should lower legal immigration numbers. Now the Left thinks it’s a hate crime to make Hondurans live in Honduras. Of course I’m sure if conservative White Americans moved to Honduras they’d have a problem with that. They side with the Koch Brothers and the giant Agribusinesses and fret that some vegetables might “rot in the field” and we’ll have to pay five cents more for strawberries.
- Trump criticizes the FBI and CIA. Now the Left loves the “intelligence community.” This one is probably the one that strikes me as the most bizarre. I never thought the Left would be holding up known liars and war criminals from the evil US State as heroes in their fight against some populist politician.
There is no difference between the current Left and John McCain. There are no principles left on the Left. They’ll support any position or politician as long as it or he is in opposition to Trump.
To be fair many on the right have had similar shifts. They’ve dumped the neocon, crony capitalist dogma of the Bush years to back Trump while the Left has largely embraced that same dogma. I think to some extent Trump is a reflection of these shifting views rather than the cause, but I’m sure there are some who just believe anything Sean Hannity tells them.
I guess the only principled pundits and politicians all along were the neocons. They’ve remained firmly in the anti-Trump resistance and are ready to switch political allegiances to serve their only true concerns: Israel and endless war. God help us if the Left gets power again and allows these evil monsters to regain positions of influence in the Democrat party.
For what it’s worth, I think Trump’s trade policies are horrible, although I generally oppose the misnamed “Free Trade Agreements.” I support his overtures for peace with Russia and North Korea and his criticism of NATO while I disagree with ending the Iran deal. I favor lower immigration levels although making private business enforce the laws or building a wall are not my preferred methods for achieving that. I love how he disparages the Media and our suddenly sacrosanct intelligence agencies.
Remember, Trump is an evil woman hating racist Nazi bastard who said the word pussy on tape 10 years ago and as a result of his election the world’s going to end and there will be concentration camps and nuclear wars and slavery and we can only imagine what else, but this guy can be Senator and that’s OK because Democrat.
Interesting how this Washington Post story doesn’t mention the words “underage” or “prostitute.” You’d think with all the concern they show for teenage girls that they’d bring this up. After all, in a different media outlet last month, we read this:
Prosecutors used the defense claims to highlight previously undisclosed tidbits on Menendez’s pursuit of younger woman.
The lawyers say their investigation resulted from “speciäc, corroborated allegations that defendants Menendez and Melgen had sex with underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic.”
Guess the Post just missed that part of the story.
Wonder if every Democrat Senator will be contacted by the Washington Post and asked to comment. Wonder if he’ll be pressured by his party leadership to resign. I guess you never know, but I doubt it.
Endorses Open Borders candidate for governor. 22 percent of New Jersey’s population was born in another country. 1 in 6 is the son or daughter of an immigrant. Is there ever enough immigration for the Clintons?
93 million Americans are killed every day due to gun violence according to this prominent Democrat windbag.
Why stop there Governor? Why not 93 billion or 93 trillion if you’re just going to make up comically absurd numbers that even most of your own brainwashed voters would eventually realize are bullshit?
After one of the government propagandists in attendance tries to help him out by politely questioning the 93 million figure, he says he meant 93 individuals.
That’s still bullshit. When a guy like this opens his mouth it’s to lie. He’s incapable of speaking the truth in public.
What started as an effort to hurt the candidacy of Donald Trump by claiming he was a Russian “puppet” or “agent’ in 2016 has turned into an all-out campaign of hate against America’s former cold war adversary. This is a country, that despite being relatively impoverished by Western standards, and having zero ability to attack the United States without committing instant suicide, is still a significant power in the world. They can have a major impact on their region of the globe in both Europe and Asia through their control of resources and a military presence in their near abroad.
The effort on the part of the media, Democrat Party, and the Neocon wing of the GOP to turn Russia into a pariah state like they have with Iran, Cuba, North Korea, etc. could be a disaster. Remember, while those regimes have survived despite the hardships imposed on their citizens by US sanctions, efforts to demonize Mao’s China lead to the Korean War, and efforts to demonize Saddam Hussein lead to two disastrous wars in the Middle East in recent decades. Muammar Gaddafi in Lybia and Manuel Noriega in Panama both lead to full scale wars and the overthrow or their governments. Attemps at overthrowing Bashar al-Assad in Syria has lead to the rise of ISIS.
Try isolating and overthrowing Putin and see what happens. It won’t be pretty.
The gold old days when we had a Nobel Peace Prize winner in the White House who bombed these countries, but invited those who survived to move to America at tax payer expense. What a great guy.