Explain to me how moving the US Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem benefits the average American citizen in any way. I can see how it could benefit war profiteers and a lot of American Israeli-Firsters might like it, but what is that, about 0.1% of the US population? So I’m not seeing much benefit, but I am seeing some serious downsides:
- The cost of moving the embassy. How many hundreds of millions of taxpayer/inflationary dollars will it cost to move the perfectly good embassy that already exists in Tel Aviv?
- The cost of securing the new embassy in a much more dangerous place? How many millions or billions in additional security will be flushed down the toilet so Trump can make our Israeli masters happy? Not to mention the increased risk to US diplomats if the security fails.
- Inflaming tensions all over the Middle East. This has a number or potential repercussions:
- Makes our corrupt politicians hand over even more of our money to Israel, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, etc. to subsidize their militaries that will be stressed trying to put down possible riots
- Americans (or any Westerners really) trying to do any business in Middle Eastern countries will now be even bigger targets for Muslim violence.
- Blowback. Possible terror attacks on the home front. Not only does this kill or injure random Americans who probably don’t give a shit about Israel, it leads to possible new overseas wars and increased surveillance/reduction in liberties here at home.
Now the upsides for non-Neocons and non-merchants of death:
I’ll have to get back to you if I think of anything.
So anyway Trump, thanks for cutting my taxes, but stop sucking up to Netanyahu and put America First.