Big surprise right? A presidential hopeful assuring everyone that he’s willing to wage war on behalf of that one foreign government that is more important than any other entity on Earth. Check out this quote:
“We cannot afford to be passive spectators while the world descends into chaos. America must stand with our friends and stand up to our enemies. Then and only then can our standing in the Middle East and throughout the world improve and with it our own security.”
Here’s a little list breaking down this treasonous bullshit.
1. Who’s “we?”
2. The world is not descending into chaos. That’s just rhetoric designed to scare ignorant people.
3. While there is plenty of chaos in the Middle East, it’s been caused or intensified by the US and/or Israeli governments
4. America is a place. It is not a person. It can not stand up. It does not have friends or enemies. Does Kansas have enemies? What he’s talking about is the regime located in Washington, D.C. which is certainly no friend of mine.
5. “Our” standing? No one in the Middle East has ever heard of me so my “standing” there is basically neutral. Again, I think he means the US government’s standing.
6. If he thinks “standing with Israel” unconditionally is going to improve the “standing” (He loves that word) of the US government in the Middle East or anywhere outside of Washington D.C., New York City, and Israel itself, he’s even dumber than he looks.
7. If he thinks “standing with Israel” unconditionally is going to improve “our” (I think here he actually means the American people) security, he needs to explain how because it runs contrary to any logic. Is the Israeli army going to protect us from some invasion? Stop spitting out mindless rhetoric that AIPAC wrote down for you Scott.
My impression of Scott Walker is that he has no knowledge of foreign policy and is just taking his marching orders from the same Neocons who advise most GOP presidential candidates. Since he doesn’t have Bush family connections, and most of the mainstream press hates him, this should end up costing him the nomination. If you sound like an idiot at enough debates you’re going to lose your front runner status and fade away. Remember Rick Perry?
McCain is a maniac, but he’s not completely ignorant of foreign policy. He just deeply believes that the US government being involved in every war on Earth is good. Hillary Clinton’s basically the Democrat version of McCain when it comes to waging war. People like Obama, Romney, Dole, Bill Clinton, etc. don’t seem to care a whole lot about foreign policy. However, they’re smart enough to trick the average American into mistaking their State Department propaganda for careful, thoughtful analysis of the particular situation at hand before they start bombing some poor defenseless country thousands of miles away.
Scott Walker’s an amateur. I predict we’ll be rid of him by early 2016. I hope I’m right.